- we find joy in doing mathematics
- we seek to share this joy
- by helping others learn to know mathematics
- to play with mathematics
- by helping people interact directly with mathematics.
- each game should allow someone to interact with mathematics,
- challenge them
- each game should teach the user about math, and not simply use math as something to overcome.
- mathematics solves problems—it doen’t create them.
Make your own games
let’s see some pico8 code
function _init() -- initialize code -- called once on program startup end function _update() -- changes behavor based on pressing buttons -- called once per update at 30fps end function _draw() -- draws stuff to the screen -- called once per visible frame end